Molecular Devices SpectraMax 190 Microplate Reader
This listing is for an Molecular Devices SpectraMax 190 Microplate Reader
Unit was pulled from service from an major state university. It was tested to power on and pass self tests.
Does not include software or computer.
Just the plate reader and power cord will be included with the sale.
Please scroll down to view the full size images of the actual unit for sale.
Serial Number is 02732
The patented multichannel optical design of the SpectraMax 190 Absorbance Microplate Reader mimics a dual beam spectrophotometer, measures each sample in the plate directly, and eliminates measurement error due to variations in light output between optical fibers on other instruments for more reliable data reporting.
- Eliminate the need for purchasing and changing out filters for wavelength optimization with a monochromator-based wavelength selection for UV-visible absorbance between 190 nm and 850 nm
- Read up to 6 wavelengths in endpoint or kinetic mode for 96-well plates, and perform spectral scans to determine wavelength peaks
- Measurement accuracy is increased due to narrow bandwidths that deliver increased and linearity over the widest range of assays, including DNA quantitation in the UV range
- Better experimental signal discrimination using narrow absorbance bandpass for superior peak resolution and increased accuracy
- Ability to monitor temperature-sensitive reactions with consistent temperature regulation from ambient to 45°C
- Correction for varying microplate well volumes and the elimination of standard curves based on PathCheck® Technology, the only temperature-independent pathlength correction method
- Thorough mixing of samples in microplate wells by user-programmable Automix feature
- Seamless automation coupling with the StakMax Stacker, Molecular Devices' own integrated microplate stacker designed exclusively for the SpectraMax Reader